Oakland County Divorce Litigation Attorney
Representation for the Last Resort in Your Case
divorcing couples do not want to end up in court. An actual trial before a judge
is truly the last resort for couples who are so entrenched in their positions
that compromise is impossible. There may also be a desire to prove that
the other spouse is the "bad guy" in the drama.
In a trial, each spouse's attorney argues their client's position on the disputed issues. Witnesses, including family members or friends, may be called and experts may be brought in by each side to give opinions on child custody arrangements or to value property.
Advantages of Litigation
Below are some advantages of litigation:
- It may be the only choice left after all else fails
- Decisions can be appealed
- Parties can get their day in court
Disadvantages of Litigation
Below are some disadvantages of litigation:
- Trials are open to the public, as are all pleadings and papers filed with the court.
- Trials can take a lot of time. If the court has a busy docket, the case can be broken up and tried in bits and pieces on different days.
- Parties tend to involve their children and try to get them to take sides.
- It is very expensive, financially and emotionally.
- Trials lock parties into their positions, believing they are the victim and the other spouse the villain. Often, they call friends and family in to back up their side of the story.
- Co-parenting successfully is difficult after a trial.
- Parties never forget the bad things their spouse said about them at trial.
Send us a message or call (248) 773-3317 to schedule a free consultation with our divorce litigation lawyer in Oakland County.
Why Hire Our FirmClient-Focused Representation from Start to Finish
Over Four Decades of Experience
High Quality Legal Service Focused on Results
Trusted Guidance That Exceeds Expectations
Always Keeping Your Best Interests in Mind
Offering Flexible Payment Plans to Clients in Need